Proven Tips for Getting Your Website to the Top of Search Engine Rankings
Did you know that 37% of all clicks go to the doctor who has the #1 position on the search engines? Make sure your practice website is at the top of local and organic search results pages with the right optimization strategy.
Only some doctors have been successful with creating a website that climbs all the way to the top of the search engine results pages. It’s imperative that you are found where and when your patients are searching for your specialty.
You need to stay competitive because more than 90 percent of searchers click on businesses listed on Page 1 of the search engines and more than 60 percent of searchers will end up clicking on the top three results.
Here are some proven ways to get your website to the top of search engine rankings:
- Boost your Google Places and Map Rankings. You need a solid local search engine optimization (SEO) strategy to achieve top placement on the results pages on Google Places and Google Maps. Remember that a local SEO strategy is different than traditional SEO.
- Optimize your website with the right content. When you’re ready to add content pages to your website, you have to make sure that you are using the right keywords throughout each page. Don’t overlook the importance of keyword research and selection for your particular practice or specialty.
- Submit your site and content to online directories. Another effective way to improve SEO is to make sure your site and main content pages are manually submitted to Google, Yahoo!, Bing, and dozens of major data feed services that ping directories such as YellowPages, White Pages, Dex, and Yelp.
- Implement a link-building strategy. You need credible websites to link directly back to yours as this gives your website more credibility. This must be an ongoing project for your website marketing.
- Publish articles and blog posts. Writing articles with a link back to your website and then publishing them (with permission) on complementary websites can also be an effective link-building strategy. You can also publish a blog as an addition to your site. Update your blog regularly with valuable content and you?ll be able to climb to the top of search engines and also generate a strong following.
Take a look at these SEO marketing case studies for examples of proven methods to help your website get to the top of search engine rankings.
Need help with SEO marketing? Talk to one of our PracticeDock online marketing specialists about our NEW PracticeDock SEO Marketing package!
More content you may be interested in: