Why Doctors Must Have a Website – and What They Must Have On It
You probably spend a good amount of money marketing to prospective and current patients with flyers, postcards, or by running print ads. However, a professional website can be one of the most powerful marketing tools you will ever have. As more and more patients go online to find information about their doctor and medical clinics, it’s in your best interest to have a professional website for them to access. Your website can provide some very detailed information about your practice, your services, and also valuable information about you.
Key Reasons to Have a Professional Website
Some of the key reasons to set up a professional website for yourself or your practice include:
- Providing a list of procedures and services available for patients at a glance
- Showcasing your practice and staff members
- Providing a bio of doctors or medical practitioners at your practice as a brief intro
- Including videos or other media to help patients learn more about your practice
- Providing links to your social media accounts such as Twitter and Facebook so patients can keep up with your updates
- Updating a blog attached to the site regularly to provide interesting content for patients and also for SEO purposes
- Being accessible from search engine searches so that interested patients can find you and book a consultation or appointment
What to Include on Your Doctor Website
Once you realize how powerful having a doctor website can be, you’ll need to make sure your site has several key elements. A doctor or practice website needs to include:
- Comprehensive list of services or procedures you offer
- Before and After Gallery of your best results (if available)
- Contact form for prospective and current patients seeking a consultation or appointment
- Online appointment feature
- Live chat option (ideal for many practices) for patients who need questions answered immediately
- FAQs page
- Staff profiles and list of certifications
- Photos or video tour of the practice
- Interactive map to your location
Setting up a professional website can be a relatively simple process with PracticeDock Website Control, a complete content management solution designed specifically for medical practices.
Do you already have a website and would like us to run a FREE PracticeDock WEB-SEO RANK REPORT? This reports provides a complete review of the key factors that influence SEO rankings, the usability of your website, and an analysis of how you perform against your top three competitors. Click here for more information.
Talk to a PracticeDock online marketing specialist today about PracticeDock Website Control and for tips on marketing your practice online.
More content you may be interested in:
- Creative Engine Behind PracticeDock Products Receives WorldBlu Certification Second Year in a Row
- FREE Whitepaper: Why Your Practice Needs a Mobile Website Interface Right Now – and How to Make it Happen
- Need Help Marketing Your Practice Online?
- Train Your Staff to Secure More Appointments with Call Tracking
- How Patients Leverage Technology to Find Healthcare Providers