How to Differentiate Your Practice from the Competition: Expert Tips
Whether you’re a plastic surgeon, a board-certified cosmetic dentist, or a hair restoration specialist, you’re probably competing with more than a dozen other professionals in your area. How do you stand apart from the pack so that patients are naturally drawn to you? The most successful practices understand the importance of differentiation, regardless of the market or specialty they are working in.
Catherine Maley, author of “Your Aesthetic Practice”, recently gave a talk on this subject for Randy Waldman’s Multi-Specialty Conference. She explains, “It’s imperative you do whatever you can to stand out. For example, use your personality. Nobody is just like you so use that to your advantage. Become a multi-faceted person to your current and prospective patients so they see you as a physician, artist, family man, philanthropist, community leader, dog lover, etc.”
You can watch Ms. Maley’s presentation here.
Some takeaways from her presentation:
- Patients are tech-savvy and overwhelmed with information
- Identify who your ideal patient really is
- Stop commoditizing your services
- Be personable, share elements of your personality at every opportunity
- Offer a more personalized experience
- Use digital media and mobile marketing to your advantage
- Don?t be afraid to mystery shop your competitors to find out how they handle patients
- Think from the patient’s point of view – how will you be the best choice?
Need more ideas for marketing your practice and attracting more patients? Talk to one of our PracticeDock online marketing specialists today!
More content you may be interested in:
- PracticeDock Offering FREE Custom WEB-SEO Rank Report
- Need Help Marketing Your Practice Online?
- Reporters Looking for Medical Experts
- Social Media Marketing for Your Practice: Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff
- Google Chrome is #1 Browser in the World