Posts tagged internet marketing
By Eve Pearce
Medical practitioners usually do not approach the issue of marketing very well. You are either too busy looking for qualified personnel, or keeping up with the latest innovations in medicine. Most believe that good work, honest services and dedication will build your reputation and build a profitable client list, as well. What they do not realize is that in as much as being a doctor is akin to a calling, it is also a business. If it pays your bills and puts bread on the table, it is most definitely an occupation. Like any other skill service, you need to reach out to your target clientele effectively and efficiently. This is even more crucial for those who deal with noninsured medical procedures such as cosmetic surgery.
Get Your Practice in Top Shape
Before you even start planning your marketing strategy, get your practice in order. Clients are more likely to use social media against you, if your practice has even minor flaws. Get a clean waiting room, make sure you have quick and caring support staff, sort out surgery insurance, and give your clients a comforting, personal and yet professional experience. On the medical side, ensure that you are beyond reproach in your practice. The better your medical services, the more effective your marketing strategy will be later on.
Connect with Your Patients
Your blog is a great opportunity to display the personal side of you, something that patients love. Show them that you are also human, with emotions and sometimes struggle with a few real life issues. Do not mistake this with having to put out stories about your personal life. Just ensure that patients know behind your immaculate white coat is a heart that actually beats. If patients see a true person who is a great professional at the same time, they are much more likely to trust you.
Most patients have little knowledge about complex medical issues. They, therefore, judge you by using external factors. While greatly performed medical procedure in a comfortable environment is a must to keep your patients satisfied, to attract new clients you need strong online presence. First thing to ensure is that your site reflects the quality of your services. Create a quality landing site, use advanced graphic tools, and cutting edge technology to create a professional appeal. As intimidating as this task may sound, by use of reliable service or software, specialized in health care marketing, your web site design can reflect the message you want to convey to your potential patients.
Show Your Expertise
Doctors are very busy people. However, everyone in this day and age needs a blog. A professional blog shows your area of expertise. It gives your potential patients insight into your skill set while at the same time providing valuable medical information that they may need. Do not be shy to display your knowledge online. Take a few minutes a day and post some insightful medical knowledge in an easy to understand way. You can start small, with just two or three blog posts per week. The beauty is as you continue to publish your archive grows into a library of knowledge that will have clients satisfied about your level of competency before they even walk through your door. Keeping a blog is also essential marketing tool. With proper use of SEO techniques, information you want to share will rank higher in search engine results, thus reaching wider base of potential patients. When quality of the content matches their expectations, you will turn them in to actual clients on a frequent basis.
Learn to use Social Media
Social media defines our present society. It is much more than just a place for your teenage daughter to hang out; it is a powerful marketing tool. Before you brush it away, note that close to 30% of Facebook users are above the age of 35. That means there are about 300 million users above the age of 35 on Facebook alone, and a lot of them is using social media to find information on their medical conditions or treatments, are looking to connect with people with similar health issues, and tend to respond to their friends? reviews of healthcare services. Social media use in this age category is higher among the group that earns more than $40,000 per year. These form a premium group for high-end medical practitioners.
With such great potential, you need to manage your social media portfolio with high dedication and level of professionalism. Get yourself properly acquainted with social media tools that can help your practice improve its image and get leads. Getting a proper consultant will greatly take off the strain from your learning curve and help you use the best-case practices for your situation. Social media is not as daunting as it seems. A few minutes of your time every day can help create a valuable impression for your practice and well prepared social media campaign can literally skyrocket your business.
More content you may be interested in:
- Add a FREE doctor listing on the NEW LocateADoc.com and get 2 FREE patient leads!
- High-Impact Advertising Options with LocateADoc.com
- Need Help Marketing Your Practice Online?
- Use Videos in News Releases for Better SEO
- Case Study: How a Doctor Leverages Online Marketing Tools to Attract More Patients
Marketing your practice online effectively goes beyond optimizing your pages for the search engines and targeting keywords that your patients are using to perform a search. Today’s patient is using the Internet to learn more about their procedures, find out more about you, and to get in touch with you for the consultation. They must feel comfortable sharing personal information with you the moment they reach your website or profile page, and their comfort level will dictate whether they take action to contact you.
Tracking down patients that are ready and willing to take action, and follow through with the consultation and appointment. can be the biggest challenge when it comes to marketing your practice online. Fortunately, you have some tools and resources available to attract high-quality leads on a regular basis.
One of the simplest ways to attract pre-qualified patients is to create a very professional presence online. Take the time to create a professional profile page on sites such as LocateADoc.com so that patients can find you easily with a simple search. A professional profile page will help you convey your core marketing message, and can also establish integrity and trust with your prospect. More >
Subscribe to our newsletter
- FREE Webinar: 8 Steps to Getting and Retaining New Patients
- New Book Release: ‘Practice Acceleration’ by Drew Stevens, PhD
- How Site and Search Retargeting Can Increase Patient Leads
- Content Marketing Tip: Use Infographics to Drive More Patient Leads
- LocateADoc.com Announces MyMedLeads Integration, Providing Doctors’ Offices with Enhanced Lead Tracking and Management Capabilities
- advertising Blog Blogging brand reputation breast cancer call tracking content marketing cosmetic surgery doctor marketing email marketing facebook google groupon Infographic internet marketing lead generation Marketing marketing tips medical marketing mobile marketing mojo interactive news Online Marketing patient lead generation patient leads patient marketing physician marketing pinterest plastic surgery plastic surgery news plastic surgery trends practice blog practicedock Practice Management practice marketing practice website reputation management search marketing SEO Social Media social networking twitter marketing video marketing webinar website
- June 2013 (2)
- May 2013 (8)
- April 2013 (10)
- March 2013 (6)
- February 2013 (11)
- January 2013 (10)
- December 2012 (8)
- November 2012 (8)
- October 2012 (9)
- September 2012 (7)
- August 2012 (8)
- July 2012 (4)
- June 2012 (4)
- May 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (7)
- March 2012 (4)
- February 2012 (5)
- January 2012 (2)
- December 2011 (6)
- November 2011 (2)
- October 2011 (4)
- September 2011 (6)
- August 2011 (3)
- July 2011 (3)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (4)
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (1)
- December 2010 (3)
- November 2010 (4)
- October 2010 (4)
- September 2010 (4)
- July 2010 (3)
- June 2010 (5)
- May 2010 (4)
- April 2010 (4)
- March 2010 (6)
- Best Practices for Attracting Patients Using Pinterest (38)
- On Demand Webinar: Use the Web to Double Your Patient Leads and Revenue (23)
- Free Tools for Monitoring Your Practice's Brand Reputation Online (20)
- PracticeDock Now Offering Advanced Medical Marketing SEO Services (20)
- Are Sites Like Groupon and LivingSocial Fee-Splitting? (12)
- Is Groupon an Unethical Way to Acquire New Patients for Your Practice? (10)
- Attract More Patients by Partnering with a Patient Financing Company (10)
- Top 10 Cities for Plastic Surgery Infographic (9)
- U.S. Tops the List of Most Plastic Surgery Procedures Performed in the World (9)
- LocateADoc.com Survey Finds More than 34% of Patients Would Get Botox from the Dentist (8)
- Guest: very nice
- professional web design: I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you...
- tooth crowns: A nice invention to hear about.Touch technology and other techniques are in use in almost every...
- DeborahLWhitley: Problems during marketing campaigns can be easily prevented if we use the right methods on PPC. A...
- AdamSBrown: Thanks for sharing this article. This information about online marketing and SEO is much helpful to...
- dentist website`: which is exclusively meant for cosmetic purposes. In spite of this, thousands of clinics around...
- dental website design: That it can be used to create models or simulations of different surfaces and touch experiences....
- Voip Bangladesh: You can include your pins on both of these sites to further your reach.