Posts tagged twitter marketing
When you think of Facebook pages and Twitter accounts for business, most people think of retailers, restaurants, and local businesses posting updates and connecting with their customers.
However, many doctors and medical professionals are now joining the social media bandwagon and with some very positive results.
Both Facebook and Twitter make it easier for patients to communicate with a practice outside of their regular appointment schedule. Clinics, hospitals, plastic surgery centers, and other medical facilities are finding that building an online presence is becoming increasingly important for marketing. In a few years, you might even be able to find your family doctor or physician right on Twitter.
U.S. News recently covered a story about the rising trend of hospitals and physicians using social networking tools to promote their practice. The author of the article points out that more than 1,300 doctors have already registered on a site called TwitterDoctors.net, a database of physicians who tweet.
According to Kevin Pho of Nashua, N.H., a medical blogger interviewed for the article and someone who does communicate with patients via Facebook and Twitter, “These are powerful, tremendously influential tools. Doctors should be taking advantage of the opportunity.”
Many of your own patients could be active on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook, so it makes sense to join their conversation and take advantage of branding and marketing opportunities. You can share blog posts, link to news about your site, and share links to interesting articles or videos in your specialty.
One of the most important things to remember when venturing into the social media world is that you need to engage your audience. Patients don’t just want to be marketed to, they want to learn something and may be open to your insights and thoughts on a subject. Be prepared to create a solid social media strategy so that you are connecting with patients in the right way.
Need help with a social media marketing plan? Talk to one of our PracticeDock online marketing specialists today!
More content you may be interested in:
- Attract More Patients with the NEW LocateADoc.com Recommendation Button!
- Need Help Marketing Your Practice Online?
- Train Your Staff to Secure More Appointments with Call Tracking
- Top 6 Ways to Grow Your Practice Blog
- Top 10 Cities for Plastic Surgery Infographic
Twitter is a micro-blogging tool, one of several social media applications that makes it easier than ever to communicate with prospective patients, other doctors and industry professionals.
The growth of Twitter in the past few years has enabled thousands of businesses to tap into a whole new pool of prospects. When you start using Twitter to market your practice online, you can start attracting a steady stream of new clients and prospects – without paying a penny.
Here are just six reasons to use Twitter to market your practice online:
1. Increase visibility. You may have an attractive practice website, and are posting to a blog on a regular basis, but you can generate even more interest from tech-savvy patients and potential clients with a Twitter presence and profile. Increase your online visibility by setting up a professional Twitter profile, and post updates about your practice’s treatments, industry news, or links to your blog posts so that more patients can find you.
2. Announce special offers and discounts. If you need to generate more business during a slow period, you can send out a Twitter-only special to attract more patients. You can post a special link to an offer page on your website, or introduce a discount code that patients must use when they contact your practice for a consultation. More >